Thomas S. Huntington (Tom) grew up in the East Coast (Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey). He attended prep school in Asheville, North Carolina (Asheville School) and received full scholarships to Stanford University and Princeton University. He chose Stanford, and has lived mostly in California ever since–except for 18 months serving in the Peace Corps in northern India for 18 months and 5 years living in Hawaii, where he attended the University of Hawaii and received his BA in 1972, the same year his son, Justin, was born.
In 1978 Tom began law school at the University of San Diego School of Law in its part-time four year program. During law school he worked for several prominent San Diego law firms, including Seltzer, Caplan and Hillyer & Irwin, and for the Legal Aid Society of San Diego. He graduated in May of 1982, and obtained a one-year appointment as a judicial law clerk on the Hawaii Supreme Court for Associate Justice Frank D. Padgett from August 1982 to September 1983.
After Tom and his family’s return to San Diego from Hawaii, in February 1984 he joined the small business law form of Rosen & White in Temecula. In November of 1989 he opened his own law firm in Temecula, Law Offices of Thomas S. Huntington. Tom’s practice has focused primarily on estate planning for moderate to large estates in the Temecula areas for 25 years. He has also helped many clients with sophisticated premarital planning through comprehensive premarital agreements. Tom is available for workshops on estate planning (“The 9 Levels of Estate Planning”) and premarital agreements (“Marriage by Agreement”) to interested groups.
- California, 1983
University of San Diego School of Law
- Masters of Taxation, 1987-89
- J.D., 1982
- Evidence Prize, 1980
- Trusts & Estates Prize, 1979
- Top 10% of 1st year law class, 1979
Stanford University & University of Hawaii
- BA English & History, 1972
- Arbitrator for Riverside County civil cases, 1989-93
- Judge Pro Tem, Small Claims Court, Temecula, 1986-89
- Law Clerk to Hawaii Supreme Court Justice Frank D. Padgett, 1983-83
- The Nine Levels of Estate Planning
- Marriage By Agreement –Comprehensive Premarital Planning for Successful Marriages
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- California State Bar Association
- Southwest Riverside County Bar Association