Stewart R. Albertson is a founding partner of Albertson & Davidson, and represents clients throughout California in Trust, Estate, and Probate litigation matters. He works across the Firm’s California offices.
Mr. Albertson received his law degree from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law before obtaining an LL.M. degree in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington D.C. Prior to attending law school, he served as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division of the United States Army for two years, and before that was stationed along the DMZ border of North Korea and South Korea for a one year tour with the Second Infantry Division.
With a focus on energetic and dynamic representation committed to achieving just and fair results for his clients, Mr. Albertson has helped the Firm’s clients obtain over $70 million in verdicts and settlements, including a jury verdict in one San Bernardino wrongful death case for $5.7 million (Sloan v. Redmond). He is also active in the legal community, teaching Will and Trust Litigation at Chapman University School of Law.
Mr. Albertson also handles the Firm’s wrongful death, product liability, and catastrophic personal injury litigation. In 2013, he was part of a team of lawyers that recovered more than $50 million for clients that had been harmed by several large medical device manufacturers. In March 2015, he was part of a team of lawyers that obtained a $5.7 million jury verdict against a multi-billion dollar corporation that refused to accept responsibility for harming a California resident.
In 2013 Mr. Albertson was nominated for the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’ Trial Lawyer of the Year, and in 2014, 2015, and 2016 he was selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Albertson regularly appears in California state courts, and has experience in Federal courts as well.
Outside of work, Mr. Albertson is a motorcycle enthusiast, enjoys exercising, and mountain biking.
- California, 2004
- Louisiana, 2002
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C.
- LL.M., Taxation, 2003
Loyola University New Orleans School of Law
- J.D., 2002
- Corporate and Tax Law Award
Chapman University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor of Wills and Trusts Law (2009-2015)
Loma Linda University, School of Public Health
- Chair, Dept. of Health Policy and Management (2004-2006)
- Products liability: Avoiding the “land of the lost”. Stewart R. Albertson, Advocate Magazine (2013)
- The International Taxation of Dividend Income: A Closer Look at the Bush Administration’s Dividend Exclusion Proposal and Two Proposals Outside of the Classical and Integration? Tax Regimes (Masters Thesis LL.M.; Not Published (2003)
- Are employer-sponsored tax-deferred 401(k) plans still a good investment? Stewart R. Albertson and S. Eric Anderson, Inland Empire Business Journal (2004)
- How the motion picture industry miscalculates box office receipts. David Shavlik, S. Eric Anderson, and Stewart R. Albertson, Inland Empire Business Journal (2004)
- Jury Selection. Melvin M. Belli Society, Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (2013)
- Physician-Assisted Suicide: An Analysis of U.S. Supreme Court Precedent. The Research Channel. Loma Linda University Bioethics Grand Rounds (2005)
- Estate and Financial Planning Seminar. Loma Linda University and Medical Center (2004 & 2005)
- Charitable Trusts and Taxation of appreciated property. Redlands Yucaipa Guidance Counseling Association Board Meeting (2003)
- Taxation of Financial Derivatives. Oak League Institute (2003)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles